Tuesday, October 13, 2009

give me five...up high...


...down low. That's right, I would like to dedicate this post to the universal High Five. Everyday when I pick Jack up from school he says goodbye to his friends. On almost every occasion the farewell consists of a high five. I love to watch these little 8 year old boys as they clumsily give each other a high five. I always tend to remember all my failed attempts at giving high fives. I've decided that high fives are something that everyone fails at at one point or another. There is something about the coordination of two hands making contact mid air that has the tendency to go awry. There are also those moments when you over do a high five and you end up with a hand that feels like it is going to fall off. Most elusive of all is the moment of a perfect high five. Those moments are never easily reproduced but they are always remembered.

2 comments:

  1. the perfect high five every time: watch the other persons elbow. and they watch yours. you'll never miss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. leave it to the marine to figure out how to give a perfect high five.

    ReplyDelete