Wednesday, December 2, 2009

there are alway going to be changes

I have recently been putting a lot of thought into what I want to do when I come back to the States. I have talked to a lot of people about this and everyone has their own opinion of what they think I should do next. While some people would hate to be told by someone else what the next step should be, I don't mind it. It really gives me a chance to talk everything out and bounce ideas around with people who know me really well.

I have recently decided to change some of my long term plans. I was planning on returning home to Oregon and staying in Salem to attend Willamette. After some persuading by my sister in law I have now decided to move to New York in March to attend Columbia University (if i get in, fingers crossed). I will still be in Salem for about 6 weeks but then I will move back East in an attempt to make something of my life.

It is a big step, attending graduate school and moving to a city like New York but it will be an adventure and that's what life is all about.

3 comments:

  1. NOOOOOO!!! ok, i can't blame you for picking new york over salem but it still makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, think of it this way, if you don't like NY, you will have some great stories about your crazy family for your blog :) That and you can always leave if you get a better offer. We're just happy you're willing to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abi, I'm so glad you're doing this. Life is truly an adventure and New York is a great place for it :)

    ReplyDelete