Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Aloha Shirt

I have news for all you mainlanders, the aloha shirt isn't just for awkward corporate luaus, awkward high school phases or vacations to Florida. They are worn here on a daily basis by everyone. They are the uniform for grocery stores like Safeway, all the bus drivers wear them and they are totally acceptable work attire. I've been temping at a bank here and on the first day they gave me the dress code and it explicitly said that aloha shirts were "appropriate business wear". I think on any given day I see more men wearing aloha shirts than I do regular dress shirts.


One of the coolest aloha shirt shops here was visited by Anthony Bourdain when he came to Honolulu. Fast forward to about 2:40. It's about 3 mins long. Mark really wants the airplane one. We actually walked past this store a couple of weeks ago. We didn't go in but we will make in it there eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment