Thursday, October 8, 2009

from big city life...

...to small town living. I was talking to my mom the other day via skype (the best thing ever!) talking about my eventual return to the States. She was giving me a hard time about wanting to leave France to come home. As an example she started telling me about all the political brouhaha going on currently and implied that no one in their right mind would want to leave France for endless debates on healthcare bills and approval ratings.

I'm sure if I were still living in DC I would be overly informed on all the political goings on. Nothing against all the politicos out there but when that's all any one ever talks about it's hard not to know it all. It isn't that I don't read the news, I check BBC and CNN daily and I'm up to date on all the major topics but after DC I feel slightly detached. I've decided it isn't a bad thing though. It gives me a chance to figure out how much I really care about things like politics.

I don't really care for politics. I will remained informed so that when my input is necessary I can contribute but that is as far as it goes.

3 comments:

  1. Come live with me...be my nanny ... except i wont pay you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nah... it's not all politics. Today at the office we started talking about Mylie Cyrus and how 16 yr olds shouldn't dress that slutty.. jsut as an example. Oh and we're also into funny K-Fat photos on Perez Hilton.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we're still pretty focused on kanye's outburst at the MTV awards.

    ReplyDelete