Monday, June 1, 2009

get me to the church on time


I went to church for the second time yesterday. It was really great. I went for the first time two weeks ago and everyone was really friendly and nice. The entire meeting is, of course, in French. Yesterday I was sitting outside of the chapel before the meeting and the Bishop came up and started talking to me, seeing how I was doing and then he asked me if I would get up during the meeting and say a few words to introduce myself to help everyone in the ward get to know me. I'm sure there was a look of extreme fear on my face. He told me I didn't have to say a lot but just a bit. Of course I agreed. After he walked away a woman I had met last time I was there came up and asked me how I was doing. I told her what had just happened and she calmed me down a bit, gave me some ideas of what to say and was generally super nice about it. So I did it. I got up after the youth speaker and introduced myself. It was overly apparent that I don't know a lot of the French words used in a testimony but I think I did alright. I talked with the two American missionaries. They are both from the Denver, CO area and they gave me French Book of Mormon to study which will help my religious terminology.

I am hoping for a quick week this week. I am going to the UK on Friday to visit Mark and Kristiina. I am so flipping excited. I dreamed about negotiating London public transportation all night last night. I am going to have to make it from London City airport to Paddington Station during rush hour Friday morning. I just keep telling myself that it isn't going to be that hard and at least everything is going to be in English. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment