Tuesday, May 26, 2009

pineapple yogurt


I had pineapple yogurt for breakfast. For some reason it was really odd experience. As I sat there looking out the window at the rain soaked fields of France I felt like I was eating a pina colada without the coconut. It was one of those moments that you stop and think about what you are doing simply because of the oddity of the moment.

I have been doing the food shopping here. I have gone once. I don't think I am very good at it. I made a list of everything we needed, bought it all but then when I got back it was like I didn't even go shopping. I think I need to have a better idea of what we are going to eat for dinner and then the shopping will be easier.

I must take a moment and talk about food in general. I love French food. There are some really complex French dishes that take all day to cook. Those are amazingly good but I will admit I am all about the simple foods, the sandwiches on baguettes, the pastries, the cheese, the salads. I love French food. I am so excited to try different foods and to experiment with making new kinds of food. Any ideas are welcome.

2 comments:

  1. i feel like i'm just now starting to be responsible when it comes to cooking for myself and my family. planning meals helps a TON. there are things you'll always need and should get every time you go to the store like vegetables and fruit. who knew? my go to is allrecipes.com
    ps pineapple yogurt sounds delicious! it reminded me of mango yogurt in mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that all sounds so good! you will have to doubly enjoy all that food to make up for the rest of us!
    Also, I would love to invite you to my blog (its private), so would you send you email address to amjarvis787@gmail.com?
    Thanks and have soooo much fun!

    ReplyDelete