Friday, October 8, 2010

Why I love New York reason #132

When I first came to New York in high school one of the things our choir did was sing at St John the Divine Cathedral. It was a really cool experience and when I was able to come back for another visit while I was living in DC it was on my list of places I wanted to see again. I was so excited when I found out I would be living just a block away. It is located on Amsterdam between 110th and 113th. It is a beautiful Romanesque/Gothic church and I get to walk by it ever day on my way to and from work.

I took these two pictures yesterday.



They keep peacocks on the Cathedral gounds and yesterday when I was walking home Juliana and I spotted the white one. We had to chase it down but I eventually got a picture of it.

Pretty darn cool if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment