Saturday, November 17, 2012

Official

I now consider myself an official member of the College of Social Sciences, they put my picture up on the website. Everybody knows that is the point when you know you've made it. A picture on the contact us section of a website. What more could a person want out of life?

My new job is going well. Due to Election Day and Veteran's Day I have yet to work a full work week. With Thanksgiving next week I'll have another short week. I think the last week in November will be the first full week for me. At this point the only downside to my job is how incredibly cold it is in my office. There is an AC vent right in front of my desk. I've decided that all my cold weather clothes are going to get some use after all.

Speaking of cold weather the last couple days here have have actually been kinda cool. At night it's been getting down to the low 60s and then today I don't think we broke 80! Added to that it rained a good part of the morning and then was overcast the rest of the day. I think I have acclimatized. We have a church meeting tonight and I am totally wearing my boots. I also pulled out one of my heavier cardigans to wear in the overly air conditioned room.

2 comments:

  1. great email address! I wish that my last name was mayeda still.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll just remind you that you had your picture on the ACMA contact page as well...

    ReplyDelete