Wednesday, September 2, 2009

in 200 meters turn...

How far is a meter? You'd think that by now I would have figured it out. This morning I dropped Dan and Em at work. Well, Dan drove, dropped Em and then drove on to his office where he proceeded to give me directions back to France. Needless to say I wasn't able to follow his directions and I ended up on the road to Zurich. Before things got too far out of hand I turned on the trusty SatNav, got off the motorway and found my way back into Basel. I still had no idea where I was as I desperately tried to follow the directions provided by the nice yet indignant voice coming from the dash. After more than one wrong turn, partly due to the fact that I still can't properly measure a meter as I'm driving, I started to recognize a few of the streets. I finally got to a street from which I knew I could get home without the help of the SatNav. I happily turned it off and decided I needed a reward for surviving my unintentional tour of Basel. I stopped at my favorite patisserie and I am now enjoying a tasty gourmandise. It's great to be back in France.

2 comments:

  1. lol my favorite sentence is "I ended up on the road to Zurich" how many people get to honestly say that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The road goes ever on and on. . .

    ReplyDelete