Sunday, May 10, 2009

there has to be an easier way

Ok, I am going to take a moment and reveal something about myself. I cannot wait for the technological advances that they have in Star Trek specifically those related to travel. I love the excitement of going to someplace new but I hate the part where you have to fly for what seems like forever. You would think that sitting for 7 hours wouldn't be so exhausting but it is. I really can't understand how people can even sleep on a plane.

So the family. They are really nice and very open. Jack, he's 7, is very quite. Emma said that it takes him awhile to open up but once he does is a great friend. Issy is all over the place and definitly almost 11. Her French is amazing. She has a friend over that doesn't know any english so they are speaking French and it is hard to follow. I just need to give it time, it will come back.

One of the coolest thing about this opportunity outside of being able to live in France is that I am going to be exposed to two cultures at the same time. The parents are very British..at least what I think of when I think British but since they are living in France they can't help but have that influence. It is so darn cool!

We are all going to go into Basel later for dinner. I am excited to see the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment